Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back in Ye ol' London town

Straight back into the swing of things. I arrived back into London at 6.30am on Monday and was in at work by 9am. Dedication. I managed to get 4 seats from Bangkok to London and rested all the way. I'm very use to flying so 24hrs on a plane these days is no big deal. I brought the London weather home with me and brought the Sydney weather back, its so warm, 15+deg.
I had such a great time at home catching up with everybody, seeing my family and friends and doggies :) I even managed to do white horse cup and marathon board a Palmy. Thanks everyone for such a great time!

Some great friends - Anna, Heather, Dave (Glaso) and me

This was at the pub while we were waiting for a table at Phamish (Sal's and my favourite restaurant in Surry Hills) I love going there as its the whole experience. You can't pre-book tables so you go early, put your name down, head up to the pub for an hour and then they call you when the tables ready. Perfect night out!

Down at Collaroy with the friendly life saver Brent

Cherry, Brent & little ScoutScout and IScoutMum and I at U2


Sally's cousins Carla and Corey (they were a bit freaked out when they saw me as I sold them our tickets after U2 cancelled the first time and didn't know i was home)

U2 on stage - The concert rocked!


While i was waiting in the massive Qantas check in line I spotted this. There is actually a section in the airport dedicated to my great grand father Nigel Love, but I'm always in a rush and never can find it.

I think I packed a whole years worth of stuff into 10 days at home!

So back to the grind. We have Edinburgh on the weekend of 25th Nov for 3 days to watch the wallabies smash Scotland. Our great friend Jenny is arriving tomorrow from Germany for the weekend. Camilla's friend Griff coming for a few days early Dec. Skiing in France over Christmas. Hopefully Switzerland in Jan, Skiing in Aspen late Feb and about a million other things in between. So much to do, so little time!

3 comments:

. said...

yay! now i don't need to go home!

Mary-Sue said...

So fun to read you and see the pics, Lach! Thanks for the update. Great to see you with the people you love most and I loved the photos of your pups!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time home and I know it was such a treat for Sal's family there to see you and get some of your hugs in... And, I feel peace in my heart knowing you're back with my wee Sal... give her a BIGGGGGG ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))) for me, please. (no, really, please do!) xoxo

new rhodes said...

wow!! you did ALOT in that short time. Fun fun! Thanks a million for bringing over the b'day / xmas gifts for my boys. This blog is really exciting to read - you guys are doing so much and so obviously really enjoying it. yay! xx